Award Criteria for the Age Group Coach of the Year Award
|Award Description||This award will recognise individual coaches who display excellence in all aspects of coaching at the Community/Age group environment.|
|Eligibility||All Triathlon Australia (Victoria) accredited coaches are eligible for nomination.
Nominated coaches must be coaching at a community/age group level.
|Nomination & Selection||This award is open for peer nomination whereby any member of Triathlon Australia may nominate an accredited coach (operating in Victoria) for this award. The nomination will include:
Details of the contribution to triathlon/multisport including
· the way/s the nominee has demonstrated a positive image of coaching / the role of the coach.
· their commitment to coaching a variety of athletes (junior, age group, para)
· how they have demonstrated respect/sportsmanship towards all concerned (including parents, other athletes and coaches, technical officials)
A description of the way/s the nominee has contributed to the development and ongoing participation of triathlon/multisport athletes within and outside the sporting environment. This may include:
· Results in the Age Group National & World Championships (Athlete, Race, Place),
· Improvement on results from the previous year,
· Development of athletes that have been progressed through the development pathway (not limited to winning and may include aspects of personal growth)
A description of the way/s the nominee has contributed to the development and retention of triathlon/multisport coaches within and outside the sporting environment. This may include mentoring and support via activities such as: Coach development and supervising hours of new coaches, encouraging new coaches, presenting at development activities, etc
*This is part of the Triathlon Australia Awards structure and often occurs in a separate timeline to the TV Awards process. The winner is recommended to TA for ratification and approval and becomes eligible for the National award amongst a short-list of nominees from the STTAs.