Last week, Sport and Recreation Victoria (SRV) published new guidance to support sport and recreation organisations with their return to play plans.
The community has managed to slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and as a result restrictions on sport and recreation activities have eased under the latest Restricted Activity Directions from the Chief Health Officer. Effective from last Wednesday (13 May 2020) the Victorian Chief Health Officer has approved that community sport and recreation activities can resume so long as they conform to the following rules:
- Groups of up to 10 people only are permitted outdoors (or people from the same household), plus a coach/instructor or the minimum number of support staff reasonably required to run the activity
- Maintain physical distancing of 1.5 metres wherever reasonably possible
- No indoor activity – indoor physical recreation facilities must remain closed; No outdoor or indoor swimming pools (unless it is at your own private residence)
- If the activity is run by an operator of an indoor physical recreation facility (such as a gym, health club or fitness centre), a personal training facility (indoors or outdoors) or an arena or stadium,then the operator must keep a record of attendees including first name, phone number, date and time of attendance
- Hand hygiene, frequent environmental cleaning and disinfection, use of own equipment where possible and minimise sharing of equipment.
A full list of activities and how the current restrictions apply is now available on the SRV website. These activities are examples only.
Please ensure you review the Chief Health Officer’s Directions to understand how they apply to you and how you can be consistent with the rules.
The website also has helpful FAQs for organisations and participants. We are preparing ‘return to play’ plans consistent with the Chief Health Officer’s Directions and SRV’s Community Sports Guidance Note.
It is the responsibility of clubs and coaches to ensure the safety of participants and operating within the current restrictions.
If you have any queries about the updated restrictions for triathlon training please contact us.
Keep well and take care in the return to small group training and re-connecting,