Women in Triathlon Business Networking Webinars
Knowledge sharing has an important role to play in ensuring clubs, administrators, coaches and athletes have the necessary information required to provide rewarding opportunities for women and girls. These sessions provide the opportunity for the triathlon community to learn about our Women in Triathlon Network, the leadership journey of women involved in our sport and understand more about what you can do to support future leaders. It will also be a time to share the inspiration and aspiration of triathlon with others.
Session 1: Gender Equity & Triathlon
|Speakers:||1. Grant Cosgriff Executive Director at Triathlon Victoria,
2. Dr. Caitlin Honey General Manager, Community Engagement at Athletics Victoria
3. Mardi Cuthbert, Head of Facilities and Infrastructure at City of Casey.
4. Dr. Kirsty Forsdike, Researcher in Women’s Safety in Sport at La Trobe University.
5. Bronwyn Slatter (MC) Marketing & Communications Manager at Triathlon Victoria.
Session 2: Balancing Life & Triathlon
|Speakers:|| 1. Melissa Urie Mental Health Nurse and Ultra Endurance Athlete
2. Dimity Gannon: Community Health and Wellbeing Manager at Western Bulldogs
3. Vanessa Murray: Former Professional triathlete and Production Coordinator at Department of Transport
Delivering equal rights and opportunities in our sport
Gender equality for women and girls is about delivering on equal rights, responsibilities and opportunities in our sport.
Triathlon Victoria is working alongside the state government help to bridge the gender gap in our sport by supporting and empowering woman and girls across all sectors of the triathlon workforce: club administration, coaching, officiating and athletes.
General Information & Policy Guides
Please take a moment to review and digest the information below and work with us in providing a more inclusive and rewarding sport for women and girls in triathlon.
Club Culture & Administration
The guideline below are provided to guide clubs in developing strategies within their business operations that include, support and develop women in triathlon. Please take a moment to review each of these guidelines to ensure club compliance.