The following event disciplines will form the 2023/24 State Series, and hence the maximum number of events is seven (7):
- Aquathlon (1), Duathlon (1) and Cross Triathlon (1)
- Triathlon Sprint Distance (2) – Metro and Regional State Championships
- Triathlon Standard Distance (1) – State Championship
- Long Course Triathlon (1) – State Championship
The State Championships in each event category is automatically a State Series event. There is no minimum number of events for an athlete to be eligible and similarly there is no limit to the number of events that an athlete competes in.
State Series Categories
- The age categories for the State Series start at 12-13 years and 14-15 years (Youth), 15-19 years* (Junior) and then progress in five (5) yr. age groups starting from 20 (i.e., 20 – 24 etc.) upwards.
- All ages are based on the 31st of December 2023.
- Points accrual for athletes in the 12-13, 14-15, 15-19 years’ group will not include events which are beyond the maximum allowable distances and hence refer to the table ‘Schedule of Events’ for all the details.
*Note; 15 year old’s will have the option to compete for points in either shorter distances (Dash/Fun Tri for example), this is in the 14-15 years category, or the sprint distance events in the 15-19 years category.
State Series Points
Points will be awarded at each event that forms part of the State Series:
- For individuals to be awarded points they must be a Triathlon Australia member. They must participate in the respective Age Group category (Elite, Junior Elite, Open and other categories such as first timer, friend and family etc are do not receive points).
- Points will be awarded to individuals (and hence clubs) for each time they finish in the top 10 at a State Series event. Points are also awarded for any member participating (finish outside top 10) which goes towards club totals only. Points are applied to all members (club and non-club) on a top-down basis (i.e. if a member finishes 3rd behind two non-members they receive the points for 3rd place, not 1st).
- Individual Performance points will be awarded for each age group/gender category from 10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd …… down to 1 point for 10th place (*).
- Individuals earn performance points in their age group/gender category for an event.