The following event disciplines form the State Series and the maximum number of events is ten (10)
- Aquathlon (1) and Duathlon (1)
- Triathlon Sprint Distance (4) – State Championships and three others
- Triathlon Standard Distance (2) – State Championships and one other
- Long Course Triathlon (2) – State Championships and one other
The state championships in each event category is automatically a State Series event. There is no minimum number of events for an athlete to be eligible and similarly there is no limit to the number of events that an athlete competes in.
- The age categories for the State Series start at 12-13 years, 14-15 years, 16-19 years and then progress in five (5) yr. age groups starting from 20 (i.e., 20 – 24 etc.) upwards.
- All ages are based on the 31st of December 2019.
- Points accrual for athletes in the 12-13, 14-15 years and 16-19 years’ group will not include events which are beyond the maximum allowable distances and hence refer to the table ‘Schedule of Events’ for all the details.
State Series Points
Points are awarded at each event that forms part of the State Series.
- For individuals to be awarded points (both individually and towards the club award) they must be a member of an affiliated club or squad and Triathlon Australia.
- Points will be awarded to individuals (and hence clubs) for each time they compete at a State Series event.
- Points are applied to all competitors (members and non-members) on a top down basis (i.e. if a member finishes 3rd behind two non-members they receive the points for 3rd place, not 1st).
- Performance points will be awarded for each age group/gender category from 10 points for 1st, 9 points for 2nd and down to 1 point for 10th place (*).
- Individuals earn performance points in their age group/gender category for an event.
- State Championship races accrue a multiplier of 2 for both individual and club points (i.e. 1st = 20 points, 2nd = 18 points, down to 10th = 2 points; and similarly, participation points will be 2 for each competitor.